 |
Just for fun: I happened to catch this picture at Laura's a few weeks ago
It has only been a couple of weeks since I last posted anything, but it feels like it has been a lot longer than that for many reasons:
- I started the school year; one week of meetings and preparation and two weeks of classes are already behind me! Due to budget cuts and also to increased enrollment, I have about 50 more students than previous years, about 120 of which are German 1 and I have so many names to learn! It doesn't help that I have them choose German names and therefore have three names to learn for each student; first, last, and German.
- Karamea and I stayed at my mom's house much of the time over the course of the three weeks before Mark and Kaylee returned home. It was fantastic to spend so much time with Mom AND it shaved off an hour of drive time shuttling Karamea around in the morning. Being able to let her wake up on her own schedule as I hit the road at 6:30 every morning was amazing. I loved staying in the home where I grew up, but that also meant I was still sort of living in travel mode and not quite settled in for a couple extra weeks.
- Mark, Kaylee and Bear arrived home last Saturday morning! (It's hard to believe that it hasn't quite been a full week!) It has been comforting getting back into a routine as a family and exciting seeing how much Kaylee changed in the three weeks we were apart.
|
Phew! I have so much more to write about, but this will be a good starter post for now...There will be more to come with updates on Kaylee, Karamea and what we've been up to these days. I've missed blogging! It will be good to be back. While it is a nice way to keep friends and family up to date on our lives, it's also a much needed outlet for me to journal, record memories, and capture life as it happens.

No comments:
Post a Comment