I love beautiful things for my home, but life with small kids doesn't always allow for that. We need things that are functional, tough and kid-proof. We have been a vinyl-tablecloth family for a long time, and it is usually difficult to find patterns that look nice. Not to mention that vinyl doesn't exactly hang like a nicer tablecloth.
A long time ago, I read about oilcloth, which led me to stumbling across a fabric called laminated cotton. Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought some for our kitchen table and we love it! It was a little more expensive than the cheapo vinyl ones I have bought in the past, but it seems so much nicer and I'm hoping it will last longer. One of the best things about the fabric is that it requires no sewing. None! It was less than a five minute project to trim off the edges from the bolt of fabric and we were good to go. We'll see how it stands the test of time and kids, bur for now it appears to be durable and cleans off really well.

A long time ago, I read about oilcloth, which led me to stumbling across a fabric called laminated cotton. Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought some for our kitchen table and we love it! It was a little more expensive than the cheapo vinyl ones I have bought in the past, but it seems so much nicer and I'm hoping it will last longer. One of the best things about the fabric is that it requires no sewing. None! It was less than a five minute project to trim off the edges from the bolt of fabric and we were good to go. We'll see how it stands the test of time and kids, bur for now it appears to be durable and cleans off really well.
I know it is silly to be excited about something as simple as a tablecloth, but I just love it when something functional looks good too! (Excuse the fact that the photo isn't great and that Kaylee just had to be part of the action. This certainly isn't a home design blog--and I don't have the time or energy to get magazine-quality photos!)



1 comment:
Cool print!
Post a Comment