Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Afternoon Walks

When we have nice weather, we try to get the kids out for a walk in the afternoon before dinnertime so they can burn off a little extra energy.  There's something about the fall air and the sunshine that are just soothing for the soul. It reminded me when Karamea was little and I used to take weekly walks with a friend we met in our birth class. (If you follow that link, there's another picture on that post of Karamea in a cute sundress...when I saw it the other day, I thought it looked a lot like Merrick wearing a dress!)
Last week, we went to the sculpture park and the lake. The weather is supposed to stay nice for a while (I love Colorado!), so we'll probably try to hit up some other trails and parks this week too. We are so fortunate to live in a town with so many wonderful parks and open space areas! (Note: Drat! I wrote that statement before the switch to standard time...Now that it is getting dark so early, going for afternoon walks might not be as realistic as I had hoped.)

I had just taken this picture of Merrick sitting happily in the stroller when Kaylee chimed in, "Now me!" and smiled beautifully for the camera. I couldn't resist her cuteness and took a picture of her, too. She is a spunky, spirited, sweet, and fun girl! I should do a post just about her and how she has changed sometime soon...
Photobucket

1 comment:

Christine said...

Great photos! I've loved the weather recently too. If only it wasn't so dark so early now. :(

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...