Today and Saturday, I will be participating in a workshop as professional development that requires me to spend a night away from the family. (Luckily, the workshop is being held in the town where my sister lives and we get to have not one, but two sister sleepovers, since the workshop happened on two separate weekends in October and November!)
Around the kids' bedtime last night, I mentioned to Mark that I would need to start packing while he put the girls to bed, Karamea excitedly exclaimed, "I'll help you pack!!!" I tried to find a few things that she could put in my bag, but many things (my pillow and toiletries, among others) would have to wait for the morning. I mentioned that I would need my pillow, and she immediately said, "OK, I will pack that for you right now!" I told her that I would need it for sleeping that night and that it would have to wait, so she tried thinking of things that I might need. "You might need lotion, in case your skin gets dry." So I acquiesced and let her grab a tube of lotion to put in my bag. It is so cool to see her thought processes expanding to include planning ahead and anticipating possible needs.
I can't even tell you how much it warmed my heart to have her so focused on helping. It took me by surprise, since I expected her to be a little sad that I would be away, but the way she reacted makes me a thousand times happier. My heart just bursts with joy when I see the caring, helpful young girls my daughters are becoming.


1 comment:
This post is so sweet.
There's just something about young girls wanting to do what they see their mama doing. :)
Elliana mostly loves to help cook/bake and help me pack too.
So sweet!
Post a Comment