Saturday, November 3, 2012

When the Lake runs dry

No swimming? No problem!
The lake in our town is actually a water source for a nearby community, and with the extremely dry summer we had, the water level has dropped lower than I have ever seen it (and I've lived in this community off and on for 26 years!) Thankfully, it has started filling back up again. I don't know if it is from the recent snowfall or if they are diverting water into the lake again.
Either way, I wanted to get out and walk in the lake bed while it was still really low, just to have had the experience and we headed out the other day after I returned home from work. It was a fun little walk with the family and we got some good pictures to document it. Hopefully the water won't be this low again anytime soon!
I thought it was really fitting that the CD we were listening to in the car happened to play this song on our way home:

You get a line, and I'll get a pole, Honey,
You get a line, and I'll get a pole, Babe,
You get a line, and I'll get a pole,
We'll go fishin' in the crawdad hole,
Honey, Baby mine

What you gonna do when the lake goes dry, Honey,
What you gonna do when the lake goes dry, Babe,
What you gonna do when the lake goes dry,
Gonna sit on the bank and watch the crawdads die,
Honey, Baby mine.
Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...